Sunday was a very nice Father's Day. Larry went to his early morning stake high council meetings, went to Sacrament Meeting with Calley and me, went to the ward he's in charge of for Sacrament Meeting, and then came home to spend the rest of the day with us. Suey had brought her DVD of The Notebook to us on Saturday night cuz I wanted to watch it without commercial interruption, so I asked Larry if he wanted to watch it Sunday afternoon before dinner. He said that no, he'd rather keep the TV watching on a more spiritual level with BYU-TV and golf. Ha Ha Ha.
Pam had Father's Day dinner at her house that evening. It was scheduled late because Chris and Anne had to work and couldn't get out there until about 7 PM. We had pulled pork sandwiches, yummy salads (ask Suey for her fruit salad recipe -- it was fantabulous), baked beans, and banana splits. Pam and Dave are finishing their back yard and had the concrete poured for the patio, so we stayed outside on that beautiful evening. It looked really, really good. My children sent Larry Father's Day cards with money for him to buy a 22 inch monitor he's been wanting. Thanks, so much. He's been wanting one for a long time but spends his money on other things besides himself. Josh, Norky, and the kids came over on Thursday night to wish him Happy Father's Day cuz they couldn't be with us on Sunday. Josh's mom and her husband are here visting them for a few days, so they stayed with them. Josh gave Larry a book and Jessica gave him a gift card to Red Lobster. The other kids either sent cards or called. Larry was so appreciative. We sure love our kids. Here are some pics from Sunday.
Mawmaw helps Abby ride Dax's bike.
Abby used these vent pipes as a telephone. She was so cute talking and listening to the pipes.
Ryan, Chris and Anne (super tired from a 12 1/2 hour shift) and Abby
Tara and Mawmaw put the final touches on the buffet.
The guys at the dinner: Chris, Ryan, Jo, Mark, Larry, Nick, Dave, and Grant
Today, Monday, I went to lunch with the RS presidency. We're being released on Sunday. Anyway, we went to a place I hadn't been before -- the Tahitian Noni Cafe in Riverwoods. That food was so delicious I thought I had died and gone to heaven. We sat around talking for two hours and then visited the Tahitian Noni Gardens, which are right there on the same grounds, just out of sight behind the building. I didn't know those gardens were there either. They were absolutely gorgeous. If you want a great place to eat and just wander through some fabulous gardens with plants and shrubs and trees I had never seen before, then plan an afternoon at Tahitian Noni. The garden wandering was free, and I was very, very impressed. Ryan and Suey, this would be a great place to go with Ryan's parents when they come. Well, gotta go to the temple early, early in the morning, so TTFN.
No comments:
Post a Comment