Monday, June 9, 2008

I Can't Sleep, So . . .

. . . I might as well catch up on my blog. I had a nasty fall today. While visiting ward sisters with the other RS presidency members, I was walking down some cement steps at a lady's home and stumbled on the top step. I fell backwards and sideways into what used to be a tree but was now just pokey outey thingies where the branches had been cut off. One knob went into my hip, another knob went into the side of my back, and a third knob went into the side of my left arm. What a klutz!!! So now I've got some pretty big bruises, and I ache all over. I was afraid of what I'd feel like in the morning, so I got a substitute to take my shift at the temple in the morning.

I have the bestest kids in the world. Chris is taking care of the yard this summer, and I appreciate it so much. My older children know how Pawpaw and Mawmaw kept a manicured yard (which Mawmaw still does), and it kind of rubbed off on me. I want my yard to look good, but keeping it that way is way below the bottom of Larry's priority list, and my bad knees won't let me do much but creak. So Chris is doing a fabulous job. Our yard looks good. Today he mowed the grass, and then he fixed the fence in the back yard. Ya know where the kids who walk on the sidewalk next to our house that goes to the church? That side of the fence is constantly being bombarded by really cool kids who punch out the wood. Chris fixed those places today, and he also fixed the back hole in the fence where a section of fencing had broken off. He did a great job. And Calley got outside today and pulled weeds and stuff for me. I repeat. I have the bestest kids in the world.

Larry finished fixing the sprinklers today, so we're set for summer

No comments: