Calley graduated from high school at 2 PM on Thursday, May 29, at the McKay Events Center at UVU. She had practice early that morning, so I had her check out where she would enter the arena so we could be sitting in a close location and get some good photos of her walking in. Well, we got in the right location, thanks to Chris and Anne, but didn't get good photos until after the ceremony when we went outside.
Here she is walking into the arena. I tried to get her to look up for another shot, but she shook her head NO.
The whole ceremony lasted about two hours. We were so proud of Calley. She wore her gold Honors cord around her neck. She was a fabulous student and did so well with her grades. During the ceremony, Abby went to sleep. Ya gotta go to Suey's blog and see Abby asleep on her arm. I noticed that Laurel bought a magazine to read, and the rest of us just sat there. The female speakers were pretty good, but the valedictorian and salutatorian might have had good speeches, but their delivery was not so hot. I have other photos of the ceremony with Calley receiving her diploma, etc., but they're kinda fuzzy cuz my camera setting was wrong. I sure hope my daughters got some good photos they will email to me (HINT! HINT!)
We waited outside the arena for Calley to find us so we could take photos. Jenni, you might remember Paul Arnold from Lakeridge? He taught science in a classroom right close to mine. Anyway, he was there for his grandson's graduation. His daughter is Barbara Smith, the anchor on Channel 4 News. I couldn't think of his last name, and when I went up to talk to him, he couldn't remember me either. Ain't that something. We worked together for about 18 years and we forgot each other so readily. Oh well, it probably didn't help that I gained 400 pounds since he last saw me. He looked the same except for a silver mustache and silver hair.We got some great shots of Calley.
Jessie gave Calley 2 dozen gorgeous roses.
Larry gave her a big kiss.
Calley, Abby, and Suey
Jessie, Laurel, Calley, Jim, and Brady
Mawmaw, Penny, Calley, and Larry
All of us went out to dinner early that evening at Ottavio's in Provo, an Italian restaurant which I was consistently informed was not OCTAVIO's. Good food, good company, good time. Calley's siblings, Mawmaw, and we gave her money to buy a computer for college. Larry wanted her to wait until she went to orientation to see what kind of stuff she needed on the pooter, but needless to say, she bought what she wanted two days later. I have yet to get a photo of her with it, but it's a Sony with a built-in web cam. She really loves it. Calley with her check for the computer
That evening we played Apples to Apples in the middle of the family room floor. Now, Chris and I DO NOT care for board games, but we both played at least one game, and I do have to admit that it was kinda fun. But only for one game.
No comments:
Post a Comment