2. We got our flu shots at Costco. Iwonder if the nurse really gave me mine cuz I didn't feel anything.
3. One of Suzanna's childhood friends was given a baby shower on Oct. 25 -- Natalie Bullock. Remember her, Jenni and Laurel? Suey and I went. It was fun to see how all of us have changed over the years. Karen Foster was there with her daughter who is Suey's age and whose name I can't remember. Both Suey and I were so surprised when we found out who she was because she was so totally unrecognizeable. Evah is still Evah.
4.We celebrated Chris's birthday on the 27th by going out to dinner with he and Anne at Famous Dave's Barbeque in Midvale. We were there with Suey, Ryan, Abby, and Mawmaw. Calley caught the Trax down to Sandy so she could be with us too. My boy is 27. Man oh man oh man. We drove back down to his house and had cake and ice cream. Anne continued the tradition I started when he was about 4 years old -- a pumpkin birthday cake. Chris Mann, Ashley, and Mylee came over to celebrate with us too.
5. On Oct. 29, Matt Farmer returned from his mission. Larry, Mawmaw, and I drove up to the airport to be there with his family when he came down that escalator in Terminal 1. I love being there when missionaries return. I think he's taller and thinner than when he left for Russia. We drove back down to Pam's house where we had Navajo tacos and fruit. Yum! Dave made arrangements with the MTC president for Matt to visit with David in the MTC for a few minutes on Saturday, Oct. 29. Mawmaw sent her camera with Matt so we could have a photo of the two of them together. They spent about 20 minutes together. David flew out to Connecticut on Monday, Nov. 3.
6.I have continued to substitute on the phones at the Provo Temple a shift or two a week.
7. I also continue to attend a Book of Mormon class that is fantabulous.
8. Halloween day and evening I worked continuously on the ward newsletter, which I haven't even done since the issue I put out in September. Halloween is NOT my favorite holiday. In fact, I don't care for it at all. So I holed up in my office so I wouldn't have to answer the door for the Trick or Treaters. Larry loved doing that. I heard him commenting to the children in their costumes. He's such a fine man!!!!
9. Saturday, Nov. 1, Larry spent time at the stake center helping some people get set up for a funeral (projector, tV, etc) He really loves to help and do all he can for people. That is part of his stake high council calling -- to be in charge of the technology in the stake.
10. Sunday, Nov. 2 Larry was released from his calling as a high councilman. We were quite surprised because he has only been doing that calling for 3 1/2 years. But we'll just look at this as his having other opportunities to serve the Lord, although he was a little disappointed.
11. I've been listening to my Christmas music sin the week before Halloween.
12. Oh, we voted early. I didn't want to stand in line on election day.
13. Oh, oh, oh, oh! I harvested the pumpkins I planted in June. I was so excited. I planted them for the grandchildren, but since mine were still a little green Suey didn't want any except a little bitty one that Abby picked out that rotted a day or two later and I forgot to give Josh's kids one each when they were here for dinner on the 26th of October. I read on the internet that if a pumpkin is pulled from the vine while it is still green or partially green, it will not turn orange. Well, mine turned orange a lot faster after I took them off the vine than the last three weeks they were on the vine. I made a little display of them on the front porch.
14. I got the cleaning bug on Monday of this week. I cleaned off the patio and got it ready for winter. I cleaned out the refrigerator room downstairs, and I cleaned and organized the food storage room downstairs. I'm so proud of myself. That was a big job. I really wanted to get the food storage organized so I can see what we have and don't have. Larry promised that on Saturday we can clean out the garage, and at that time I'll go through all the food storage out there, especially to see if any of it is any good. I'm really on a food storage and emergency preparation kick right now. Too many bad things are happening in this world. Scares me to death.
15. Now, in response to Jenni's tag:
8 TV shows I watch
a. Evening news with Brian Williams
b. The View
c. Good Things Utah
d. Music and the Spoken Word
e. good speakers on BYU TV
f. Channel 5 news
g. Today Show
h. tonight I'm going to watch the election returns
8 things I did yesterday
a. cleaned the patio
b. cleaned the refrigerator room
c. cleaned and organized the food storage room
d. crocheted on a baby burp cloth
e. laundry
f. made my bed
g. ate too much
h cut back on my Dr. Pepper drinking
8 places where I like to eat
a. Mawmaw's house
b. Apollo's
c. Dorothy Goesch's house (an elderly lady in our ward)
d. Tahitian Noni Cafe
e. China Garden Cafe
f. Cheesecake Factory
g. all my daughters' and daughter-in-law's houses
h. anywhere with the whole family
8 things I am looking forward to
a. more grandchildren
b. return of the Savior
c. spending the eternities with Larry
d. losing weight and wearing a size 8 (I wish!)
e. getting all my food storage and emergency preparation stuff together
f. being with my children, grandchildren, and Larry at Thanksgiving and Christmas
g. having enough money so I can make digital scrapbook pages using every single photo
I have and then printing the pages at Costco
h. going to Forgotten Carols in December
8 things on my wish list
a. Jim will join the Church
b. Jim and Laurel will go to the temple
c. lose 400 pounds
d. Larry will decide to discard most of the junk in his office and let me clean that place
up
e. get my gutters replaced so we can stop having floods in the downstairs bedroom
when it rains
f. be so well off financially that we can help our children and other people who need
financial help
g. serve on a mission with my sweetheart right here in Utah so I can stay near my kids
and grandkids
h. my house payment was as low as my first house payment was -- $300.00
I tag whoever wants to do this.


No comments:
Post a Comment