Not much going on around here.
Larry and I went out to Suey and Ryan's house to babysit Abby last Wednesday evening. Suey and Ryan went to some kind of UDOT dinner in Salt Lake, so we got to stay with Abby. She's such a doll. Love to keep her.
Larry quit day trading as of Thursday, November 6. Now he is looking for a job to keep us afloat. We'd like to keep the house,if possible. But if that doesn't work out, then it's just a house. He's applied to bunches of places and has a couple of good prospects so far. I don't think it will be too long before he's back in the work force. I'm looking around for something I can do from home that will pay a little bit. I don't want to go back to teaching. I am still so burned out with that.
Sunday Larry and I went to Pam's old ward to hear Matt speak for his homecoming from his mission in Russia. He did such a good job. It was great to be back with the extended family again. Our extended family is getting so large that we don't get together nearly as often as we used to. Pam had a little brunch at her house after Sacrament Meeting. I had my first flavored steamed milk. It was soooooooooooooo good. Flavored with sugar-free Irish cream. Mmmmmmmmmm. I want to be able to serve that over Thanksgiving when everybody's here. It was great. Laurel, is that the kind of stuff you buy at Starbucks? Abby had such a good time playing at Pam's house with her cousins that she didn't wsant to leave when Suey got ready to go. So she stayed and came home with Larry and me for the afternoon. You all know how cold my family room is, even when the furnace is on. Well, that didn't matter to Abby. She didn't want to put her skirt and stockings back on after a diaper change, so she just ran around in her diaper and long-sleeved shirt. She is so cute when you ask her if she wants something or if she wants to do something. Her response is, "OK." But she says it in a long and drawn out way.
Suey and Josh and his kids came over Sunday afternoon for dinner. Abby really had fun when the Humphreys cousins got here. I made a Southwestern Chicken Braid for dinner. It was my home-made bread made into a braid and stuffed with the chicken mixture. Good, and oh so easy to make. Ryan and Norky didn't come because neither of them felt well.
Tuesday night Larry and I went to Ward Temple Night. As I walked to the doors of the Provo Temple, I was searching in my purse for my recommend, which was nowhere to be found. I looked through everything in my possession but could not find it. I had last used it on Friday when Larry and I went to the temple and I was just sure I had put it back in my wallt behind my drivers license, but it wasn't there. So I went to the recommend desk to see if perhaps I had lost it in the temple and someone had turned it in, but no, it wasn't there. One of the recommend desk brethren phoned for the assistant temple recorder to come out and talk to me. Well, I see this man all the time when I'm working the phones at the temple, but I don't think he remembered me. He took down my personal information and then went to call my bishop to see if I was worthy to enter the temple for the session with my ward members. Of course, my bishop is so hard to get in touch with, so the recorder ended up looking up my recommend information on the computer (I didn't know they could do that) and saw that my recommend was active, so he let me in. I continued to look through my purse again several times while waiting for the recorder to return to where I was waiting in front of the recommend desk. Never did find it. But at least I got to go through the session with Larry and my ward friends. I just loved being there. I just love these people in this ward. It was so neat to see everyone there all dressed in white -- nobody had any more money or personal possessions than anybody else in the temple. While sitting in the chapel waiting to be taken to the endowment room, I wondered if the feeling I was feeling, the joy and gratitutde of being with such good friends, is like what it will be like in the eternities. I hope so, cuz it sure did feel good. One of the couples in the ward served lentil soup, bread, pumpkin pie, and ice cream at their home after the session. Almost everyone who was in the temple was there for the little dinner. Have I said how much I enjoy and love being with these people. They are all such good church members and a great example to me. The best part was being in the temple with my sweetheart.
So I went to bed last night, and before I went to sleep, I remember thinking, "Heavenly Father, you know where my recommend is. You can tell me where to look." Then the thought occurred to me to look back in my purse again for my recommend. What I visualized in my mind was looking through my wallet again, but I was too dang tired and sleepy to get up and look so I just went to sleep. First thing I did this morning was to remember the impression to look in my purse again. So I went through my wallet and saw nothing that even closely resembled a temple recommend. I thought it was just my overly active imagination telling me to go look again. But I looked reluctantly through the middle zippered section of my purse and low and behold, there was my temple recommend inside an opened Orbit gum package. I know that it was NOT there last night. I took every little thing out of my purse when I was looking for it, and it was NOT there. I was so glad and grateful I had found it, regardless of how it got back in my purse. small miracle, but a miracle nonetheless. Thank you, Heavenly Father. I LOVE BEING A MORMON!!!!!!
1 comment:
Hi mom. I was here. Yes, the flavored steamed milk are what we get at Starbucks. They call them Cremes or is it creamsHave you heard of a Coco-motion machine? Those are really nice for making steamers.
Call me when you get a minute and we will fix your background.
Post a Comment