Monday, March 17, 2008

The Weekend


We were so
glad to have Chris and Anne stay with us for a few days. It was so fun to have them here. Anne was able to loll around and do pretty much whatever she wanted, but Chris was stuck studying even though he had the week off for spring break. We were absolutely delighted to hear they've decided to move back down to Utah Valley. They're so cute together.

Calley had what she thought was a terrible work weekend-- Friday 5 to close (11:45 after cleanup) and Saturday 9 AM to 4 PM. She was kind of pooped when she got home on Saturday. Her intention was to frost a decorate Anne's birthday cake, but she waited until Sunday after church to do it. I made the cake for her so that was one less thing she had to do. The cake turned out absolutely gorgeous and delicious. Chocolate cake with raspberry filling. The frosting was almond-flavored buttercream. Yummy! Take a peek below.















Anne used her birthday money toward a Kitchenaid stand mixer (red). It's really nice -- tilt head. Chrissie Boy bought her two dozen red roses. They were gorgeous. Larry and I gave her the Nativity by Willow Tree. I think she really liked that too. We had Anne's birthday dinner with our family on Sunday night (she spent Saturday night with her family to celebrate her and her twin sister's birthday). She wanted sour cream chicken enchiladas with lime rice. Larry made his guacamole special that everybody just loves. Suey, Ryan, and Abby along with Mawmaw and Josh's family came.

Suey and Ryan repainted their third bedroom to get rid of the bright yellow walls. They had to take the whole room apart and empty it, including the computer, which would not work when they hooked it back up again. So they brought it to Larry on Sunday and he replaced the power supply today. We took the computer back out to them tonight. That Abby is just the cutest little thing I ever saw.

I'm having a Miche Bag open house on Thursday night. If you haven't seen them yet, go to http://www.michebag.com/ and check them out. They are handbags that you can change the outer cover on so you can have a different purse to match different outfits without moving all your stuff from one purse to another purse. Just change the outside shell. I've invited about 85 people, so we'll see if anybody shows up. I'm not crazy about doing this party or any party for that matter, but I wanted to help the representative of the company who is in my ward. Plus I might get a new shell for my Miche Bag.

Today I just cleaned house and dropped off invitations to the Miche Bag open house. I'm so looking forward to having Don and Jenni and the boys come up later in the week. It will be so good to see them again. I feel like I've just rambled in this post, so if you stuck it out, you're a very patient person. Maybe you could

LEAVE ME A MESSAGE.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was here. Love you. Tell Calley to do both! Work at the hospital around her school schedule at U of U.

Suzanna said...

I'm planning on coming to the party so at least you'll have me. Larry is the best! Thanks so much for fixing our computer. It's nice to have it working again.

Cody said...

I was here, grandma! Tell Calley that cake looks awesome and tell Auntie Anne happy birthday for me!

Chris said...

I was here. Thanks for letting us stay this past weekend.

Anne Gessel said...

It was a WONDERFUL birthday!!! Thank you so much for everything!!!