Friday, March 14, 2008

Project Noah

Thursday, March 13, I held an emergency preparedness meeting at a neighbor's home up the street. I'm trying to magnify my calling in Relief Society by setting up group activities per the general RS board directives. Well, I ordered FEMA Emergency Preparedness Books for everyone and got everything all set up for the meeting. About 15 people showed up. That was too bad because Steve Kearney gave us some absolutely fabulous information. Plus, he showed us all his emergency preparedness stuff and food storage. He had a huge canvas tent set up in his back yard that held three sets of bunk beds and also a wood burning stove with a stove pipe sticking out through the roof of the tent. It was so warm in there. A family could actually live in that tent through a rough winter if necessary.He's really got a great set up for camping and emergencies. I took some cocoa mix and some dehydrated apple slices from the church cannery and we made hot chocolate with water boiled in his wood burning stove in the tent. That cocoa is so good. I highly recommend it. It really is the best hot chocolate I've every drunk -- even using it in water. Larry didn't like the apple slices too much. Guess I've got to learn how to rehydrate them and use them in pies and cobblers and stuff like that. Our stake has another day at the cannery coming up on April 15. I signed up to go in the evening, forgetting that that is Calley's birthday. DUH!!

No comments: