Friday, July 10, 2009

The past three weeks

It has been a great past three weeks. First of all, Alexis Anne Gessel joined our family on June 23. She is absolutely gorgeous. You can check out other family members' blogs to get details and photos, especially her mom and dad's blog. But here are a couple photos I took within the past week.


Precious Angel


Looking at her daddy as her momma looks on.

My birthday was on the 24th. Calley made me really cute cupcakes, which, like a doodoo, I forgot to take photos of. My sweet husband was willing to buy me a big screen TV, but I just can't bring myself to spend the money when we need to get more food storage and preparedness items. Maybe some time in the future!! My wonderful kids took care of me, as usual. Jenni sent gorgeous flowers, which, like a doodoo, I neglected to take a photo of. What is happening to my mushy brain? The other kids gave me money to have my scrapbook pages printed. Thanks so much to my great kids.

Anne and Chris took Lexie home from the hospital after two days. Anne has been going strong ever since. I'm sure I would have milked the "just had a baby" excuse and stayed in the bed as long as I could have, but Anne has been going from the git go. They spent a lot of time at our house since Jenni and her family came in on Monday, June 29, for a week, and Laurel and her family came in on July 3 for a week. Time was spent swimming, fishing, shopping, eating, eating, eating, Brady's baptism, going to church, visiting the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house, July 4th bbq and fireworks and Chris and Anne's home, etc. I'm too lazy to write about everything we did, so just go to Suey's, Jenni's. Anne's, or Laurel's blogs for details.

We had a little bit of excitement on July 3, right before Laurel and her family arrived. I cooked steak and gravy in the crock pot for everybody that day. While peeling potatoes over the kitchen sink, my whole lower face along my jaw line went numb. I started to feel really yucky. Don took me over to the couch to sit down where I almost passed out, but didn't. However, every bit of energy I had in my body drained out and I was a limp rag doll for a while -- couldn't lift my arms, couldn't get a straight sentence out of my mouth, couldn't think, everything was in a fog. Somebody, I think it was Jenni, called the ambulance, and I had my first and I hope my last ambulance ride to the emergency room. Stayed there two hours, got immediate attention since I arrived in an ambulance, and the doc couldn't find anything wrong. EKG was fine. Cat scan of head was fine. No diagnosis. Sent home. Oh well. That was a very expensive evening, at least our 20% is going to take care of my TV costs.

One day I was keeping Jessie and Brady while Laurel and Jim went shopping. We made scrapbook pages. They turned out really cute. I had copies printed for them to take home with them.






Now everybody is gone and we're back to our everyday stuff. Calley is in the kitchen making a birthday cake for Abby. Larry has finally quite work for the day and is going to bed. And that is where I am now headed. And I have no idea why this paragraph is black font and the others are white font.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was here....

Anne Gessel said...

I love the scrapbook pages! Thanks for a fun last couple of weeks!

Jenni said...

Those are really great pages-you should do mine for me. I forgot to put your excursion to the hospital on my highlights on my blog. Although that really was not a highlight more of an incident.